Important points to remember:
- If new equipment or machinery is being purchased, it is vital that the user is considered.
- If possible trials should be performed to ensure their suitability before purchase.
- Trialling equipment could prevent the occurrence of issues arising such as discomfort or difficulty of use later on, alternative or specialist suppliers may need to be considered.
- Where possible, consult or consider the users and the nature of the job to gain an understanding of the requirements.
- Where there is a problem, change the way the job is done, how equipment and tools are used and how often.
- Consider how maintenance and repair work will be completed on machinery and whether this will be user friendly.
Contact our Ergonomist Sarah Verrion if you have any queries or concerns.